Clinical Chemistry Analyzer "CA Series"
Three models with different throughputs can cover from small to large scale facilities. Two of the smaller models are a benchtop type and can be installed anywhere.
Major Features and Advantages
- Our products realize smaller minimum reaction volume compared with equivalent products, leading to "reduction of patient burden with smaller amount of blood collection," "reduction of water consumption and infectious wastewater with lower usage of water for washing", and "more reasonable test cost with smaller reagent volume”.
- Some models are equipped with automatic hemolysis function for red blood cells, enabling simultaneous measurement of blood glucose and HbA1c from a single blood collection tube.
- Distributing our analyzers with smaller reagent consumption will increase the opportunities for the poor by more reasonable test cost.
- Our product line-up is suited for different sizes of facilities: CA-270 is for clinics or hospitals with about 100 beds, CA-400 is for hospitals with 100 to 300 beds, and CA-800 is for hospitals with more than 300 beds.
- While wide range of clinical chemistry and immunoturbidimetric tests are available in our products, liver functions (ALP, ALT, AST, γGTP, etc.), kidney functions (Cre, Urea, μTP, etc.), lipids (TG, Cho, HDL-C, LDL-C, etc.), and diabetes (Glu, HbA1c, etc.) are the popular tests among developing countries.
- Lower volume of infectious wastewater (including water for washing) will ease the burden on sewage treatment facilities.
- Our robust and trouble-free design enables testing with minimal downtime, even in underserved developing countries.
The product life of 7 years is achieved by the durability design considering the life of each component and the verification process through continuous operation tests on prototypes. Any parts which fail to achieve the life of 7 years are defined as periodic replacement parts or service parts, and are designed to be easily replaced.
Working hours of the analyzer is controlled in the software and it allows the users to effectively manage the replacement of such parts.
【Realization of micro sampling】
- Minimum reaction volume
Extremely low minimum reaction volume was achieved by downsizing the diameter of optical axis, designing non-spherical lens to minimize spherical aberration and its optimal layout, and optimization of glass materials. The lower reaction volume leads to less use of water, infectious wastewater and reagents.
- Sampling volume
Use of a nozzle shape with minimal pressure loss and precise driving control of the plunger minimized the sampling volume per unit.
- Minimum reaction volume
CA-800: 50 μL (at least 50% lower than equivalent models of other companies)
CA-270: 100 μL (at least 20% lower than equivalent models of other companies)
- Sampling volume
CA-800: 0.5 μL (at least 50% lower than equivalent models of other companies)
CA-270: 1.5 μL (at least 25% lower than equivalent models of other companies)
Technical maturity / Past record of introduction
- FURUNO as manufacturer
South Korea, Russia, Brazil, Thailand, Iran, Italy, Germany, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, etc.
Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia, Italy, South Korea, Russia, Malaysia, Thailand, Brazil, China, India, Vietnam, etc.
China, Russia, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.
- OEM products
*Including all clinical chemistry products
EU, African countries, India, China, Russia, UAE, Brazil, Viet Nam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, US, Mexico, Thailand etc.
Information on patent related to this technology
- Unexamined patent application 2006-126016: High precision micro volume measurement technology
- Unexamined patent application 2010-101726
- Unexamined patent application 2011-095058、226868
- Unexamined patent application 2017-090331,090355
- Unexamined patent application 2019-214027
|Name||FURUNO ELECTRIC CO., LTD.|
|Address||9-52 Ashihara-cho, Nishinomiya City, Hyogo. 662-8580, Japan|
|Capital||7,534 million JPY|
|Contact person||Mr. Kenji KITAGAWA
|Number of employees||2,978 (as of November 2021)|
|Date of company foundation||May 23, 1951|
|Type of business||Manufacturing and sale of maritime, industrial and medical electronic products.|
|Number of employees for international operation
||City, Country||Name of Company (if applicable)|
|Indonesia and 21 other countries||PT FURUNO ELECTRIC INDONESIA Other 31 companies|
Modality of business transaction
We will play a role in improving local medical standards by providing simple and accurate test results at reasonable cost using our automated analyzers to replace less imprecise test methods such as hand methods and semi-automatic tests. Although we basically export finished products, we may consider sending parts and asking our partners to conduct final assembly, depending on the regulations and sales volume of the target country. (We have experience in Brazil and China.)
Export of product
We provide technical service training to local distributors so that the continuous operation of the analyzers is established locally.
*Please mention that you saw UNIDO's website when making the first contact with the company.
- Human Health Technologies : Monitoring and diagnostic equipment