- 2023.05.23Africa Advisor Programme: Contributed to a joint Japanese public-private partnership mission in Moz…
- 2021.03.03Botswana’s investment promotion schemes by Botswana Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA)
- 2020.08.24TUMIQUI Japon SASU (renewable energy & ICT business), which has been expanding business to Sene…
- 2019.01.30UNIDO ITPO Tokyo took part in the Turkish-Japanese Innovation Summit
- 2018.11.08UNIDO & JCCME business mission to Turkey was carried out on 13-21 October
UNIDO ITPO Tokyo supports Japanese enterprises’ activities overseas. Such support is useful especially for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) who do not have organizational and business networks abroad.
UNIDO ITPO Tokyo supplies necessary information gathering through UNIDO’s worldwide network or arrange meetings with government officers or important persons of local enterprises.
Especially in Algeria, Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Mozambique, UNIDO ITPO Tokyo has assigned local advisors for closer collaboration since 2014. Senegal with coverage of neighboring French-speaking countries in Western Africa was added in 2019.
● Upcoming Events
UNIDO ITPO Tokyo’s African Advisors
UNIDO ITPO Tokyo assigns experienced African investment promotion advisors to support Japanese companies interested in starting their businesses on the continent. The advisors provide a variety of services required for doing business in Africa, such as offering consultations to connect with local businesses, arranging meetings with government agencies, matchmaking with local partners, and facilitating site visits to local companies.
UNIDO’s AFRICA-JAPAN Partnership Promotion [English] [Français]
>>Download: [English] UNIDO ITPO Tokyo – Africa Brochure 2019
>>Download: [Français] Partenariat Afrique-Japon de l’ONUDI- UNIDO
Mr. Lies KERRAR
- Profile: MBA (Master of Business Administration) Finance, University of Toronto, Canada. Kerrar is an experienced financial investment advisor who works in Algeria and Canada, he is Chairman of Hawkama El Djazair, “National Association for the Promotion of Corporate Governance (Algeria)”, and a contributor to the OEDC-MENA Task Force on Corporate Governance, and also as Board Member and contributor of a well-respected Algerian economic think tank CARE (Cercle d’action et de réflexion pour l’entreprise).
- Languages: French, English, Spanish and Arabic
- Contact: Tel: +213-21-798686 E- mail: email@example.com
ETHIOPIA with coverage of UGANDA, RWANDA and BURUNDI
Mr. Tadesse Dadi SEGNI
- Profile: MBA (Master of Business Administration), Faculty of Business and Economics, Addis Ababa University. As a country team leader of UNIDO’s survey on investors and suppliers in Ethiopia, Segni has wide business network with government agencies and local SMEs.
- Languages: Amharic and English
- Contact: Tel:+(251-11)544-4490 Mobile: +(251-91)124-7424 E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Nándio DURÃO
- Profile: MBA (Master of Business Administration), University of Tsukuba. Durão has rich business experience with designing and implementing company strategies, market research, project management, and financial consultancy services.
- Languages: Portuguese, English, Japanese, and Spanish
- Contact: Tel: +258-21487108 Mobile: +258-823089478 E- mail: email@example.com
SENEGAL with coverage of neighboring French-speaking countries in West Africa
Ms. Aïssatou NDIAYE
- Profile: Executive MBA (Master of Business Administration), IAE Sorbonne University and Paris Dauphine University (France). Ms. Ndiaye is an experienced professional in corporate affairs, with a background in food technology and quality management. Experienced in engaging with relevant stakeholders at various levels, including multinationals, and in advocating and managing Shared Value projects (CSV).
- Languages: French, English, Spanish
- Contact: Tel: +221-33-8596774 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org