Eco-friendly Skylight with Light
Fixture Adjustment System "HIKARIYANE"
Hikariyane system provides the optimum solution for skylight (top light) which realize energy efficiency and illumination intensity/visibility at the same time. (see Fig. 1-3)
- Light diffusion panels beneath skylight windows convert direct sunlight into uniform light into indoors.
- Solar panels work as a unique sensor which gives trigger signal to LED light devices in order to compensate insufficient illuminance in the evening or when weather is cloudy or rainy.
- Utilizing diffused sunlight through skylight windows and switching OFF lighting fixtures (LED light etc.) can save 60-80% of energy. If Hikariyane system is adopted in big factories / warehouses, it can become a better solution than PV electricity consumed on lighting devices.
Fig.3 Hikariyane Light Diffusion Type Skylight W470 installed on a factory roof
Major Features and Advantages
• Skylight brings uniform brightness of diffused light into buildings
• Solar panel output provides electricity, and it also works as trigger of adjusting lighting fixtures.
• Skylight works good enough instead of lighting fixtures, and those devices can be turned OFF in 60 – 80% of total daytime.
• Skylight is free from water-leaking even with a broken glass
The system includes solar panels for two purposes.
1) Solar panels work as “sensors” to adjust brightness level
2) Solar panels can generate electricity to be provided with lighting fixtures
Utilizing additional bigger solar panels connected with a storage battery, this system can help ZEH more effectively even in the areas where electric power infra-structure is not existing.
The system is good for refuge shelter in the event of disasters (e.g. fires, flood, earthquake etc.)
There is no other illumination adjustment system controlled by solar panel sensor. Normal light sensor is only good with the ceiling height less than 8 meters, whereas Hikariyane sensor system works to control light adjustment at the heights of more than 8 meters.
This system makes LED lighting fixtures’ renewal cycle longer, about 30 years (3 times longer cycle).
Furthermore, brightness of LED light can be easily adjusted by a tablet controller. (see Fig. 4)
The system can switch OFF the illumination devices in 60-80% of working hours (from 8 to 17 o’clock) because of diffused sunlight, and adjust automatically illumination brightness level only when the LED light brightness is required in the area where such adjustment is necessary.
Hikariyane system is most suitable for single-story buildings such as factories and warehouses with a folded-plate roof structure. Skylight window installation requires only 5% of total roof area to have good indoor illuminance level. A solar panel device can be very small (like laptop PC size) to serve as a light adjustment sensor.
Technical maturity / Past record of introduction
Since this technology is new (the patent was granted in April 2019), there are 2 systems adopted at domestic customers’ facilities so far.
The system works with stable and reliable quality due to the several QC tests prior to the start of production. (see Fig. 5)
Information on patent related to this technology
USA US11054100 B2
China CH 111149436 B
South Korea 10-2306278
Malaysia PI 2020002144
|Address||Haneda 6-6-1-404, Ota-ku, Tokyo, 144-0043 Japan|
|Capital||million JPY (as of , 2022)|
Mr. Susumu YAMAKAWA
|Number of employees||2 (as of August 2022)|
|Date of company foundation||April 8, 2015|
|The type of business||Engineering / Development|
|Number of employees for international operation
||City, Country||Name of Company (if applicable)|
* Overseas offices of alliance members and/or consortium members are also accepted.
Modality of business transaction
Licensing of patent
As our company is a development company, we would like to find out the right business partner who can produce, distribute and construct (install electric devices included) in their own country.
Schematic illustration of the technology
*Please mention that you saw UNIDO's website when making the first contact with the company.
- Energy Technologies : Energy saving and energy storage