TERAL INC. won 23rd Japan Water Award
TERAL INC., a Japanese private company with headquarters in Fukuyama City, Hiroshima Prefecture, received an award from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry during the 23rd Japan Water Awards for its “Solar Pump System Utilizing Direct Current (DC) Power.” This company’s technology is registered to UNIDO ITPO Tokyo’s Sustainable Technology Promotion Platform (STePP).
TERAL’s solar pump technology enables water to be pumped from local wells automatically in non-electrified areas. Its main value proposition is it eliminates the need for any intermediate conversion into Alternating Current (AC) from the DC power generated by solar panels. The company has already implemented this technology in non-electrified areas in Senegal. It has contributed a solution to the area’s energy problems by reducing the manual pumping of water.
Further information on the winners of the 23rd Japan Water Awards (in Japanese) is available here: http://www.japanriver.or.jp/taisyo/no23/jyusyou_itiran.htm
TERAL’s technology registered to STePP: http://www.unido.or.jp/en/technology_db/5736/
- Event Report: Hybrid Event “SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGY DAY”
- UNIDO Global Call 2022 - Winners Announced
- Hybrid Event "SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGY DAY", 17 February 2023
- Webinar "Investment Opportunities in Hi-Tech Parks in Bangladesh", 16 February 2023
- Mebiol Inc. registered in the STePP received the ENERGY GLOBE National Award 2022