The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and UNIDO ITPO Tokyo are jointly organizing a pitching and networking event on 17 February 2023, to connect EU and Japanese companies looking to work together in sustainable projects in Africa.
The pitching event will feature innovative Japanese companies developing sustainable technologies in energy, environment and agribusiness. After the pitching session, there will be a reception and networking which will be the opportunity to interact with the pitching companies and other participants.
The EU-Japan Centre will support EU companies in arranging meetings with the pitching companies upon request. This support can also be done for online attendees after the event.
We welcome your participation.
Date: 17 February 2023 (Friday)
Time: 8.00-9.30 (CET) / 10:00-11:30 (EAT) / 16:00-17:30 (JST),
followed by a networking reception until 19:00 (JST) for on-site attendees in Tokyo
Format: Hybrid, online via Zoom and on-site in Tokyo at the Delegation of the European Union to Japan
Organized by: The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and UNIDO ITPO Tokyo
Participation: Free of charge
Language: Japanese-English Simultaneous Interpretation
Registration deadline: 10 February for on-site attendees / 17 February for online attendees
This event is particularly relevant for:
– EU companies and their subsidiaries in Japan or other countries interested in Japanese sustainable technologies,
– Japanese companies interested in business cooperation with EU companies for sustainable projects.
To participate in the event, pre-registration is required. Please register through the link provided below:
*Please note that the number of seats on-site is limited and that we will confirm registrations on a first-come, first-served basis.
Programme (to be confirmed)
Pitching by Japanese companies
16:00 – 17:30
– AGC Inc.: highly durable and high light transmission fluoropolymer film for greenhouse
– Biomass Resin Holdings Co., Ltd.: biodegradable and non-biodegradable biomass plastic compound made of rice
– Mebiol Inc.: hydro-gel film for reduced water farming
– NEC Corporation: hybrid storage solution for optimizing renewable energy
– TBM Co., Ltd.: alternative plastic and paper material: LIMEX
– Yamaha Motor Co.: water purification system using sand filtration and solar PV
Reception and networking
17:30 – 19:00 Reception and networking
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Kuroda / Ms. Aoki, UNIDO ITPO Tokyo