United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), HQ will organize online seminar regarding Africa Industrialisation for 16 November – 20 November.
The main objective of the AIW 2020 is to bring together various stakeholders involved in Industrialization on the continent. The goal is to raise awareness of the strides made to industrialize Africa and to highlight the various activities being implemented, as well as the challenges faced in the efforts to advance structural transformation in Africa. The event will also provide an opportunity to share best practices from other parts of the globe that have made advances in their industrialization drives, including the development of start-ups.
Specifically, the AIW 2020 seeks:
- To reinforce the industry-trade nexus in the context of the business opportunities presented by the AfCFTA
- To build up the momentum ahead of the planned AU Summit on Africa Industrialization and Economic Diversification in 2021
- Reinforce the development of regional industrial value chains towards the creation of employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for MSMEs, youth and women
- Provide high-level political support to drive a globally competitive Africa-industrialization programme through public-private alliances at the national, regional and continental level, and aligned global policy coherence, coordination and linkages, investment financing
- To showcase the advances made in Africa’s industrialization and best practices from the continent, creating a platform for knowledge exchange
- To promote the implementation of AU continental frameworks such as: the Accelerated Industrial Development of Africa (AIDA); the Africa Mining Vision (AMV), the SME Strategy; the Boosting Intra-African Trade strategy (BIAT); the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA); the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN General Assembly’s Third Industrial Development Decade for Africa (IDDA III) in the context of Agenda 2063
>> Please click here to know in detail and register.