UNIDO will organize the TICAD7 Official Side Event “Promoting Africa’s structural transformation and economic diversification in the context of AfCFTA/IDDA III/TICAD7：Partnering for Africa’s future” on 27 August 2019 in Yokohama.
The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) will be the world’s largest free trade area and will eliminate tariffs on intra-African trade, making it easier for African businesses to trade within the continent.
This will provide a huge opportunity for the acceleration of Africa’s industrialization and development of Africa’s manufacturing and service related sectors.
High-level speakers and panelists will discuss how AfCFTA will accelerate African business and Africa’s structural transformation and economic diversification in the context of the Third Industrial Development Decade for Africa (IDDA III) and TICAD7.
Date: 27 August 2019, Tuesday
Venue: Annex Hall F205/F206, Pacifico Yokohama
Organizers: United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO),
African Union Commission (AUC), African Development Bank (AfDB)
Supporters: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Japan,
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan
Language: Japanese-English-French (Simultaneous interpretation)
Fee: Free (* registration is required)
Registration: Please register your participation through the below form.
15:30 Opening remarks
– Mr. LI Yong, Director General, UNIDO
– Mr. Albert M. Muchanga, Commissioner for Trade and Industry,
African Union Commission (AUC)
– Mr. Kenji Yamada, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Japan
– Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan (tbc)
15:50 Panel discussion
“Promoting Africa’s structural transformation and economic diversification
in the context of AfCFTA/IDDA III/TICAD7: Partnering for Africa’s future”
Moderator: Mr. Victor Djemba, Chief of Africa Regional Division, UNIDO
– H.E. Mr. Alan Kyerematen, Minister of Trade and Industry, Ghana
– H.E. Mr. Christopher Yaluma, Minister of Commerce, Trade and Industry, Zambia
– Mr. Adama Baye Racine Ndiaye, Secretary General,
Ministry of Industry and Small and Medium Industry, Senegal
– Mr. Abdu Mukhtar, Director of Industrial and Trade Development,
African Development Bank (AfDB)
– Mr. Edem Adzogenu, Co-Founder, AfroChampions
– Mr. Toshikazu Otani, Chief Executive for Africa, ITOCHU Corporation
– Mr. Masafumi Sugano, Deputy Executive Director for Africa Region,
Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
16:40 MOU signing ceremony
16:55 Closing remarks
– Mr. Hiroshi Kuniyoshi, Managing Director and Deputy to the Director General,
17:00 End of the event
Contact for inquiry
Mr. Murakami / Ms. Onozaki, UNIDO ITPO Tokyo