Expansion of technological scope of STePP (Sustainable Technology Promotion Platform)
UNIDO ITPO Tokyo has administered the ‘Sustainable Technology Promotion Platform (STePP)’ since April 2019, and introduced information on Japanese technologies that contribute to sustainable industrialization, in order to promote the transfer of such technologies to developing and emerging countries through our website.
From 1 November 2021, UNIDO ITPO Tokyo will expand the coverage of the platform to ‘Disaster Management Technologies’
*Note: The number of registered companies and technologies are 103 and 120 respectively. (as of 13 October, 2021)
・Category of STePP
A) Energy Technologies:
- Renewable energy (ex; solar, wind, geothermal, small hydro, biomass)
- Energy saving and energy storage (ex; co-generation, storage batteries, energy saving)
- Utilization of unused resources (ex; high-efficiency and low-emission fossil fuel utilization)
B) Environmental Technologies:
- Pollution prevention and control (ex; pollution prevention of air, water and soil)
- Waste treatment and management (ex; industrial and municipal waste treatment)
- Circular economy (ex; 3R (reduce, reuse, recycle) related technologies)
C) Agribusiness Technologies:
- Food value chain (ex; processing and quality control of food and drinks)*1
- Production enhancement (ex; soil conditioner)
- Adaptation to climate change (ex; drip irrigation system)
- Water resource management (ex; desalination, fresh water storage)
D) Human Health Technologies*2:
- Public health (ex; drinking water supply, prevention of infection, toilets)
- Monitoring and diagnostic equipment (ex; simple equipment for health monitoring in remote areas)
E) Disaster Management Technologies (new category)
- Disaster alert system (ex; alert for earthquakes, lightning strikes or floods)
- Disaster prevention and preparedness (ex; slope collapse prevention, damping devices*3, lightning arresters)
- Disaster emergency response*4 (ex; temporary accommodation and related equipment, rescue apparatus and services)
*1: Processing, transportation, preservation or quality control of acceptable, except for real foods and drinks (beverages).
*2: It excludes pharmaceuticals, highly invasive medical devices for the human bodies, and folk remedies, etc.
*3: It excludes earthquake-resistant housing.
*4: Production of drinking water and hygiene materials are classified into ‘D) Human Health Technologies’.
(the webpage of category ‘E) Disaster Management Technology’ will be available from December 2021.)
・Contact for Inquiries:
UNIDO ITPO Tokyo e-mail: email@example.com / TEL: 03-6433-5520